9/08/2009

End this madness!

Last night was the first time in years that I heard helicopters flying over the house; as a child I used to count them instead of sheep.


It follows from the news that the police have discovered a 600lb bomb just outside Forkhill near the Louth border.

I know the area well as I have friends that live near it and my Mother’s family used to have a large country house down the road from it at Dungooley.

A house and land now owned by none other than Lord Ballyedmond, a far out cousin through no fault of my own.

Now this action is far from heroic by these brave sons of Ireland, it is stupid and dangerous.

Their actions do not hasten us to victory or freedom, all they offer is death and misery.

Planting a bomb of this size in a Republican area close to where young children play shows just how reckless these people are.

These people want the British Army back on our streets and lanes and I and others in South Armagh oppose that.

These people have little to no support in our area but they abuse the age old South Armagh tradition of "say nothing till you hear more" or silence in the common tongue.

These people are not Oglaigh Na hÉireann and this is not the 70's; there is another way.

These people are forcing us to a place that none of us want to inhabit, they should be careful what they wish for.

No comments: