1/06/2009

Gerry Adams and Bloglaigh Na hÉireann

I see that El Presidente Gerry Adams has joined Bloglaigh Na hÉireann with his new "Léargas" blog for the Belfast Media Group.


I would like to wish him all the best with his new blog and encourage all Balrog readers to visit.

Balrog is four years old in March and we have had good times and bad times with this blog.

To the best of my knowledge I was the first person in Sinn Féin with their own blog shortly followed by Wednesday, Ogra Shinn Féin and then by two of our elected reps, Killian Forde and Daithí McKay.

Republicans have never been afraid of embracing new technology although I have found that some are nervous when it comes to new media due to a general mistrust for the media.

Blogging however is the people’s media and something which the likes of the Indo and the Times can't control. It's a very liberated media however many have tried to manipulate the media with the use of blogs.

Balrog has had a recent experience of this when certain criminal elements tried to use this Blog as a platform for spreading the dark arts.

Blogging is what you make it and I would like to encourage more of my comrades into blogging.

Join a blog or set one up yourself, it makes those winter months that little bit shorter.

Blogger defines blogging as

"A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world."

A blog is what you want it to be.

P.S. I don't know how I forgot to mention my erstwhile party comrade from Drogheda and her excellent "Random Rants" blog.

I first met Steph at the USI Congress at the time of the UCD "One Tory, One Bullet" scandal LOL.

No comments: