12/22/2008

Better late then never

Danny McIlhone, one of the Disappeared, was laid to rest today by his family.

For the best part of 30 years his family have been denied this opportunity and it is with them that my prayers are at the moment.



I have spoken about this issue before on Balrog; the Disappeared is one of the biggest blights on the IRA.

I don't want to get into the whole "was he/she a tout" as for me it's a non issue at this stage.

Even if these people did something wrong their families should never have been denied the opportunity of a Catholic burial for them.

As a somewhat religious person this grates on my conscience a lot.

The families are innocent in all of this yet in some ways they have suffered the most.

I am glad that Gerry Adams has called on all those with information to come forward.

It's time to bring closure to these people; they deserve that much at least.

No comments: