12/24/2008

Beannachtaí na Nollag

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;.." or so the story goes.


It's that time of the year again and I have to wonder where the last 12 months have gone. It has been a mixture of good and bad, that's what life is though.

I have to say that Christmas does not mean to me what it once did. I know that it's the celebration of the birth of our Lord but that magic of childhood is no longer there. About 15 years ago I would have been going insane with excitement at this stage.

Christmas is a time for children and this will be the first year in our house when none of us are "for Santa", due to the fact that my youngest brother is now 11yrs old.

Christmas is also a time when we remember those that we have lost, grand-parents, aunts and uncles. I attended two wakes last night and a funeral today so I do think that puts life in perspective.

We often complain and think we have troubles, we only kid ourselves.

Even though some of the magic is gone in relation to Christmas I still love Christmas Eve, there is just something festive about it.

In relation to Balrog I have a lot of work to do over the next few months to restore it as a place of serious political debate. I don't like what it has become of late but I have put far too much work into this blog to allow it to fall.

I ask everyone to cut me some slack, I will be tough with the new rules in the short term but I hope it will be back to normality in a short while.

I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you and yours have a nice break and enjoy some good company.

To those who will not be having a Happy Christmas I say to you that you will be in my prayers.

Now, time for an Irish Coffee...

Nollaig Beannaithe agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh.

No comments: