11/26/2008

Out of the shadows

I know it's been a while since my last post and to be honest I don't know when I will be back to regular blogging. Work is mental at the moment, 60 hour weeks are the norm as opposed to the exception.


Added to that the fact that I have bitten the bullet and finally joined the gym, I know, it was a shock to me too at first. All of that is an aside though, I still managed regular blogging at Uni and at that stage I was doing 60 hour drinking!

My two biggest blocks towards blogging at the moment are a lack of interest and apathy towards politics.

My lack of interest towards blogging is interlinked with my apathy towards politics. This is a political blog first and foremost, that is why I set it up. I have been blogging for years and I feel it's time for a break.

My apathy towards politics is not too hard to understand. I have been an active Republican since the age of 15, 9 years at different levels of the movement.

This is the first year that we didn't have an election North or South and due to work and life commitments I have taken a step back from active politics.

At the moment I am seriously contemplating taking the New York Bar Exams but we will have to see what happens.

Although I will not be blogging as much I will be watching and any comment which engages in personal insult will be removed with no explanation given.

I'll too old for this childish nonsense anymore.

I would like to recommend the new BBC series Apparitions to anyone who hasn't been watching.

It deals with the darker side of the Church and the fight against Satan, an area that holds great interest for me.

My mother and Aunt have always been into Angels and angelic intercession, I seem to have inherited that side of my faith and so I will leave you with one of my favourite prayers.

A prayer I would like to see restored to the end of every Mass.

"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

No comments: