11/04/2008

Barack Buster set to destroy Old Warhorse

It's the night of the great event, American Election 2oo8!

A time when American citizens choose not only their President for the next 4 years but also their Congressmen and Senators as well.


I have supported Barack Obama from the Primaries and I hope that he succeeds tonight.

The key battleground states are the ones to watch, states like Virginia, Ohio, Florida and Iowa.

I have respect for McCain as a man, his experience in Vietnam and his refusal to leave before his comrades show the true measure of the man. He is a war hero but he is not the right man to lead America in my opinion.

I disagree with most of his policies, his foreign policy in particular.

Obama isn't perfect and I don't agree with all his policies but he offers hope in a time when it's in short supply.

I have often been accused of being anti-American which is untrue; I value many things about American society and politics.

I am anti-Imperialism and I hope Obama goes some way to restoring American standing in the world.

I would like to see the Democrats take the Senate by a majority of 6o plus, though I'm not sure how realistic that is, along with the House.

When Obama becomes President I hope he extends his hand out to all Americans to heal any hurts from this election.

I'm also glad that Joe Biden is standing as his VP as he is a man I have a lot of respect for.

I'll be up all night watching the vote and reading ATW; their coverage of the election has been fantastic.

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
Thomas Jefferson

No comments: