11/23/2007

No South Armagh unity on Sunday

I am of course talking about this Sunday's Ulster Club Championship final between Antrim side St Gall's and South Armagh side Crossmaglen.



I have tried to wish Cross all the best but it's just not possible for a number of reasons. The arrogance of many a Cross supporter has simply made it impossible for me to support them.

Added to the mix the fact that Kevin McGourty, St Gall's star man, is a close friend of mine and the fact that I am a Dromintee man might go someway to explain why I am reluctant to support Cross.

This will be the first time that I have not supported the Armagh side in the club championship however needs must. Now had Cross being facing Down side Mayobridge that would have been different, the enemy county is still the main rival afterall.

St Gall's were very unlucky not to have won the All-Ireland two years ago, I hope they can do it this year.

Best of luck to Kevin and the lads against the forces of evil!

No comments: