2/10/2007

Unite so you may be free

I would firstly like to apologise for my lack of blogging, I have exams coming up and assignments due in. The next two weeks are going to be hectic.

I was delighted to hear that Fatah and Hamas have been able to secure a power-sharing deal between them.



The two factions have been on a collision course ever since Hamas won the parliamentary elections last year and formed a Cabinet, splitting power with President Mahmoud Abbas of Fatah.

The deal was concluded on Thursday in Saudi Arabia however officials on both sides have urged caution as the implementation could be difficult.

I am happy that both factions have placed National interests above any personal differences that they may have. The Zionists in Israel will use any division in the Palestinian camp for their own perverse squalid agenda.

It is for that reason that Palestinians must remain united in face of continuing Israeli aggression and occupation.

The only way that Palestinians will attain full and lasting independence is if they are as one. United they will stand but divided they will fall.

I wish them all the best in the future.

No comments: