5/05/2006

Credit where it's due

now as regular readers know, I often post criticising the DUP and do my best to expose the sheer bigotry which many of their members display. However it would be remiss of me not to highlight an example of a new tolerance emanating from that party. Its good to see that Councillor Maurice Bradley has seen fit to rise above the bigotry towards the GAA that seems prevalant in many Unionists. When discussing the local GAA club, Mr. Bradley give an unusual amount of praise to the organisation;

I applaud Gaelic clubs for the work they do to promote well-being for young people.

I am from a sporting background myself and have met people through soccer who have become life-long friends.
When we come to debate this, I will consider it purely as a sporting issue


Fair play to him. I'd like to think this more reasonable approach was more reflective of Unionism as a whole. Only time will tell.

No comments: