3/27/2006

Oglaigh na hÉireann

I see that Willie O'Dea is none to pleased with Sinn Féin. According to Willie he has written three letters to Gerry Adams to point out that the Irish Defence Forces is the only legitimate Army in the 26 county State and that it alone can call itself Oglaigh na h-Éireann.

I have no problem in accepting the Irish Defence Forces as the "legitimate" army of the 26 county state. I do however not believe the Defence Forces to be "Oglaigh na hÉireann" and I never will.



I fail to see the problem that Willie has with this.

If we want to go all historical we can find direct lineage between the Oglaigh na hÉireann of 1920 and the Oglaigh na hÉireann (PIRA) of 2006. I am sure that many people will not agree with this and that is of course their choice.

Willie however does not have the right to tell anyone what t-shirts they can sell or can not sell as the case me be. Willie says that he believes in democracy, well in a democracy we have the right to hold what ever beliefs we like and revisionist west-brit wannabes like Willie will not be permitted to bully anyone into ideological submission.

I will listen to any reasonable person but I and no other Irish Republican will be chastised by the likes of Willie whose Republicanism ends at Ravensdale!

No comments: