2/17/2006

Sinn Féin 2006 Ard Fheis

I would like to apologise for my lack of activity this last few days, I have been busy ;)

I see that the Clár for this year's Ard Fheis has been made public. This promises to be a very interesting Ard Fheis with many controversial motions. I am glad to see that both QUB and my home Cumann have motions before the Ard Fheis.



Many political hacks have pointed to the Policing section as being the one to watch.The Tribune made ridiculous allegations of a split over policing and highlighted a motion that QUB and others are forwarding as proof.

The Ard Fheis is there for a reason and that is to debate and formulate party policy.People hold different views and that is healthy. We are not a party made up of sheep and people are entitled to put forward their views. What is clear is that once the debate is over and the votes counted the party membership will accept the outcome.

I see that there is also a motion calling for the legalisation of Abortion, this is a motion that I personally will be voting against as my view of abortion/murder is well known. QUB also have a motion in banning the party, including members, from engagement with PFI's and PPP's.

It promises to be a lively and informative Ard Fheis and I am personally looking forward to it.

No comments: