1/20/2006

Cancer 'breakthrough'

I am pleased to learn that Queen's Pro-Vice Chancellor, John Mann has said he has made an important breakthrough in understanding how cancer cells can be forced to "fold-up" and eventually die.



This would seem to be an important breakthrough in the fight against Cancer. I doubt there is a person in this country who has not lost a relative through Cancer or indeed has fought Cancer themselves. Research suggests that 1 in 3 of us will die from Cancer. Judging by my lifestyle I will undoubtely be one of those 1 in 3 so any help that the medical profession might offer is much appreciated.

Cancer is a terrible disease and is up their with Alzheimer's, which is also all to prevelant in my family.

The toll it places on a family is immense

I would like to wish Professor Mann all the best.

No comments: