9/11/2005

IRA moving the process forward

The IRA is engaged in putting its weapons beyond use this weekend, at the start of a week of significant movement in the peace process.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The three members of the Independent International Commission on Decommissioning (IICD) have not been contactable for a number of days. The process is expected to take some time, as the weapons are stored in a number of arms dumps around the country.

I am glad that the IRA are again taking the lead and moving the process forward, I hope this is the last we will hear of "the bouncing cheque"

This bold move from the leadership of Óglaigh na hÉireann is in stark contrast to Unionism, which seems hell bent on putting us back in the 60's. Is equality and justice that hard for Unionism, and I include loyalists here, to accept?

I pray that someone inside Unionism has the balls to move the process forward from their side but judging by the "leadership" they have shown thus far I won't hold my breathe

No comments: