9/22/2005

Difficult issues are never solved by the easy option

I read with much dismay that voters aged under 35 are overwhelmingly in favour of legalising abortion, pointing to a major change in the constitution within the next decade.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I think my views on abortion are very clear, I am against it but I will never vilify a woman for making a very difficult choice. It seems that voters intend to take the easy option of legalising abortion at some point in the future. That may sound harsh and I understand that abortion is never an easy option for many women but I suspect that many people believe that by legalising abortion the problem will go away.

It won't!

These issue needs to be tackled before it arises, more work on encouraging the use of contraceptive and more support should be made available for woman to have the children adopted.

In many cases the child is the only innocent party.

No comments: