8/16/2005

Male students urged to consider teaching career

More male students must be encouraged to enter the teaching profession to avoid a gender imbalance at primary schools across the country, a senior Irish government minister urged yesterday.
Education Minister Mary Hanafin raised concerns as two out of every five primary schools in the country have no male teachers and many others have just one male teacher.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Teaching never appealed to me personally as I would not have the patience and I have always had a very strained relationship with the teaching profession. I have quite a few mates who are training to be teachers but all of them are going into secondary education.

My younger brother wants to be a PE teacher, a bloody PE teacher!!

They are the embodiment of evil, he most have been a postman job ;)

Anyway, I don't believe men have the patience to teach primary school children. I was never taught by a male teacher in primary school. I don't see a big problem with the majority of primary school teachers being female.

What does everyone else think?

No comments: