8/05/2005

Is Monogamy Natural?

Interesting aside issue that I debated with a wee girl last night
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It is something that has interested me for a long time.

In my view Monogamy is unnatural, we ignore our basic human nature and instincts.

A Psychologist told me that monogamy is a social constraint that limits our physical being.

Don't get me wrong I am not advocating wild sexual experimentation or the breakdown of social order. It has however interested me as to why we so easily give in to temptation. The religious people of this world will look to the decline of religion in the western world as a reason for the number of separations and divorces.

I don't buy that. There have always been affairs, it is just that the influence of the Church would not tolerate separations or divorce.

I suppose it comes down to the fact that we are weak, especially men ;)

No comments: