8/22/2005

Cult classics: Cartoons

It is always nice to reminisce about ones childhood and my childhood, my early one anyway, was dominated by one program, He-man.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I was obsessed!!

There is no other way to put it.

I had all of the figures, except Orko; who couldn't be got in this country. My cousins Ma brought him one back from Spain and boy was I jealous. I had castle grayshull and everything. My dad used to have to make up stories of He-man for me to go to sleep; He-man goes to the beach, the circus etc.

I am not joking.

It got to the stage where I got paranoid. I was about 6 years old and my Dad and I were walking back from the grave yard and I was convinced that Eternia was just on the other side of Slieve Gullion. I had a tantrum and refused to go home until he took me to Eternia. I look back now with fond memories and think of the moral lessons that the program contained. Then you look at the Cartoons my own younger brother watches.

Sad that Cartoons have gone down hill so much.

You can't beat the 80's

No comments: