8/22/2005

Benedict attacks ‘consumer’ religion

Pope Benedict XVI yesterday criticised an “explosion” in religious consumerism and those profiting from it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"Yet, if it is pushed too far, religion becomes almost a consumer product. People choose what they like, and some are even able to make a profit from it."

Funny, that sounds very like a church I know

I am not a hypocrite, I have not attended mass in over 5 years and that includes weddings and funerals. I believe in god and I pray but I have issues with some of the Church and the bibles teachings.

I believe in sex before marriage, I believe in contraception, I do not believe homosexuals are evil etc

I could never be one of those Catholics who go to mass on a Sunday and pretend to be holier than thou, knowing full well what they had done the night before.

I am also a firm believer in liberation theology.

I have always despised the conservatism of the Catholic Church and the way in which the Church treated the poor with contempt, yet it is the poor who keep the church alive.

No comments: