5/27/2005

A tragic loss of life

I note with great sadness that the funeral of one of the girls in the Meath bus crash is taking place.

Our thoughts are with the families in what must be a harrowing experience.

It is not good enough that the 3 for 2 rule still applies.

I haven't used public transport much since I have went to University but I remember a few years ago when I was in Seventh year complaining of this.

You had a situation where every seat has 3 people and the gangway full to the brim with people standing. We deserve and demand better facilities for children.

Translink have constantly increased service charges, it is about time they put lives before profit and corrected the situation in the North and the same must happen in the south before another tragedy befalls us.

No comments: