3/27/2005

Strong words, big issue

Controversial though they might have been, I would like to add my support to the recent comments made by the head of the Catholic Church in England and Wales, Cardinal Murphy-O'Connor. The cardinal expressed his complete opposition to the Abortion Act and likened abortions to Nazi attempts to control birth. As a practicising Catholic and somebody with strong pro-life views I welcome Cardinal Murphy-O'Connor's comments. I realise that there are strong views on both sides of this deabte but I cannot see the practice of abortion as being anything other than MURDER. It is shocking to think that the lives of six million have been terminated due to the abortion act. One abortion is a tragedy but the loss to humanity caused by six million is staggering. I vehemently hope that the abortion on demand practices in Britian are never legalised on this island.

No comments: