3/16/2005

Smoking!

I see the people of the north are divided (surprise, suprise) on the issue on smoking in public places.

While I know that my fellow blogger will strongly disagree with me, I must say that I am in favour of this ban being extended to this part of the island. As a non-smoker I feel as though I have the right to go out for the night and not have smoke blown into my face. Quite apart from the obvious health issues, it's not exactly the most pleasant thing in the world and I believe that staff in bars should not be subjected to such a health risk simply because they have to go to work. When the ban came into force in the south, I was initially sceptical, however having seen how well it has worked in the 26 counties and how the atmosphere in bars has improved, I am looking forward to the eventual introduction of this leglislation in the north.

No comments: